Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pasta, Turnips and Twice Baked Potato

Tonight my roommate and I cooked together and she made whole wheat pasta with sun-dried tomatoes and mushies / turnips and I made twice baked potatoes. I think since becoming vegan in only about 2 months I already eat more veggies than I used to before. Everything was so great, I am in love with turnips now and I used to hate them!

For the pasta my roommate used a box of whole wheat spaghetti noodles and cooked those until tender, in a pan she heated up the tomatoes and mushrooms until soft. She put the noodles back into the pot, added the mushies/tomatoes and a can of organic red sauce and waited until the sauce was heated. It was beyond amazing, I couldn't stop eating it.

Twice Baked Potatoes 

2 baking potatoes
1/4 container tofutti sour cream 
1 tbsp soy margarine
1/2 block shredded soy cheese
1-2 tbsp soy milk
garlic powder
minced garlic
salt
pepper
oregano
parsley
paprika

Prick the potatoes with a fork and microwave for 5 minutes each.
Combine all the ingredients except the paprika in a large bowl. 
Once the potatoes have cooled, cut them length-wise and scoop the centers out, leaving enough to keep the sides slightly firm. Add the potato flesh to the other ingredients and mash together.
Spoon the mixture into the empty potato skins, top them with paprika, and bake at 350ºF for 15 to 20 minutes.
before baking

yummy!
The turnips were made by following the package directions, we bought them frozen. Here's the finished meal, I can't wait to eat leftovers tomorrow :)




No comments:

Post a Comment